We recently had a snow day here in NYC and as some complained about the amount of snow. I on the other hand only had a complaint about the fact I had to go into work when I really and truly wanted to play with the snow. During my lunch break I headed towards Central Park and did just that.
If you have a hard time getting out and enjoying activities during the winter I have five things you can do and don’t worry you’ll work up a sweat too! I’ve enjoyed these activities and I thought I’d share.
5 Things To Do On A Snow Day
- Do you want to build a snowman?
- Grab those kids or some friends and get to it. Let your creative side out. Build your own snowman family and take pictures.
- Fight! FIGHT! …. well, snowball fight that is.
- I went to school in upstate New York and whenever it snowed it looked like a winter wonderland and the sight alone was breath taking. So grab your friends and loved ones, pick a team and battle it out. Build your own fortress and make it a game with an end prize to make it worth while.
- Toboggan Again!
- Since you’re at the park at this point grab those toboggan sleds that you haven’t used in years and enjoy the hills. The benefit of these sleds is the option of having about four people on at the same time.
- Lets go Tubing.
- Tubes are great when there’s fresh snow on the ground. If you don’t have a tube or a new by park? and If you’re feeling creative and you’re short on supplies grab the cover of your garbage bin. Yes, you read correctly and slide. But I only recommend this if you’re an adult, in a more controlled environment such as your backyard.
- The last activity is a winter picnic. I think this would make such a cute date with your significant other. Just imagine snuggling up close as you take in the scenery. To make this a great outing here are a few items to have;
- a heated blanket.
- a water resistant sleeping bag that the both of you can sit on.
- hot chocolate and food.
- Dvd Player/dvds or music playing device.
- spare battery to keep your electronics charged.
Seize the moment that mother nature gave you by trying something new from the list or doing something you love. Remember being intentional is part of the journey of #ActivelyLIVING and #LivingACTIVELY.
What do you do on a snow day? or when you have inclement weather?