5 Ways to Stay Fit Fresh
Hi all, I know summer is here and many of us are implementing an active lifestyle by hitting the gym or going to fitness classes. With the summer temperatures, comes sweat and with sweat comes smell. It poses the question of how can we stay fresh as we get/stay fit? Here are a few tips, that I as a conscious plus size women incorporate in my fitness journey. If you’re wondering what #FitFresh means, its basically finding ways to stay as fresh as possible as we workout on a daily. This will come in handy especially for those who workout during their lunch time at work or for those who are always on the go.
Preparation is key!
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail” -Benjamin Franklin
If you want to always stay as fresh as possible then you need to prep.
After a workout here are a few things to do (remember good hygiene is key).
- Shower: Take a shower at the gym. If you don’t like gym showers than carry disposable cleansing whips. Make sure they are hypoallergenic just in case your are sensitive. Also, if your new to them refrain from using those that are scented. I occasionally buy a pack of baby wipes and put some in a sandwich size zip-lock bag and use those. I figure if it’s safe for a baby, it’s safe for me. This applies if you are going straight home, if not….consider that shower!
Disclaimer, not all whips are good for you when using it in your vaginal area. So read the label.
2. Nutrition: Drink lots of water, eat fresh fruits & vegetable to keep a balanced ph.
3. Clothing: Wear clean, odor absorbing or lite fabric workout clothes.
4. Pay attention to your deodorant, many of us have to change this every few months since our bodies have a tendency to react different as the seasons change. Consider detoxing your armpits. Yes! your armpits. I use lemon skin, after I’ve used the juice from the lemon I use to remaining wedge in the shower to detox.
5. Liners: I know it sounds simple enough but many still don’t use it. If you are prone to sweating or discharging more frequently now that your exercising. Liners are your friend! My brand of choice is Always 14+, its wider and a bit longer then the regular size one. This will help when the gym is full of people and you don’t want to be the one who is making it uncomfortable for all.
Until next time, continue in #LivingACTIVELY while #ActivelyLIVING.