Change Your Habits to Gain Confidence
Change your Habits to Gain Confidence
Lets talk about the importance of self confidence. In the current time of all things social media, many people are thinking that others have it all figured out and that they- themselves don’t. As I said in a previous post don’t believe the hype.
What happens when you feel that insecure urge to compare yourself to another person? what do you do to fix it? how do you get out of the cycle?
My simple answer; is if you want to minimize self-hate or insecurities, you must start feeding yourself “life and not death” through your words and thoughts. Below are a few tips that helped me to get out of that self-destructive cycle. I believe when I stay in my own lane, I allow myself to be authentically creative. Which by default creates my own identity that I’m secure in because its true to me.
Tweet this: I believe when I stay in my own lane, I allow myself to be authentically creative.- NaysVoice
Tips to Gain Confidence from Habits
- Take time for yourself. Get to know who you are and what you like. That may involve unplugging from the excessive online check ins. Stay away from certain sites, pages, people that are triggers for you.
- Pray. Knowing that I am part of something bigger then myself helped to solidify who I am. Knowing that God is aware of everything before it happens, gives me a sense of peace when all I want to do is have anxiety and run.
- Be around positive people. Don’t look for them to constantly bring you up emotionally. That is not their responsibility; however good friends see where you need work and helps you to over come. These friends are those who see you leaking and will help you patch it up and heal. Not to many people have those type of friends, so if you find them-cherish them.
- Write, read and say out loud what you believe and know is the truth you mentally want.
- Stop repeating your old narrative. If you follow me on Instagram, you know already I’m a big advocate about renewing your mind daily.
- Be patient with yourself. You have a life time to learn and love yourself.
- Once you feel strong enough. Start facing your triggers and react to them differently. Control your thoughts and emotions in the situation. Your striving to no longer let these things have a hold on you.
- Try new things. I find that getting out of my comfort zone assisted me in getting a boost of confidence.
You have the right to feel confident and secure in yourself, no matter what your circumstances are. Remember how vital it is to get up every and to choose a state of mind that will help you through out the day.
It’s time to make your insides reflect the beauty you have on the outside.
Until next time guys, I’ll continue on my journey of #ActivelyLIVING while #LivingACTIVELY.
Very positive post. Sometimes we all need a little boost of confidence to get through the day. Thanks.
Being around positive people is so important. Negative people can bring you down so hard and so quick.
My me time is a non-negotiable. I can definitely feel a change in my energy when I haven’t had enough time to just unplug and be. It helps me gain a lot of perspective!
Your reply is TRUTH!
Great great advice. #1 is so crucial and we don’t take enough time for ourselves. I plan on changing that in 2017.
Yes! do that and start from now. Use this time to find what you actually want to do for yourself and what does it look like to do that.
Number 1 through 3 is gold! It’s imperative to unplug and give time to God in prayer. And nobody has time to indulge negative nancy either.
lol Yea! Negative Nancy definitely can turn from her to yourself saying these thoughts to self. Guarding your mind is priority.
GReat tips!! I’m going to share this with my daughter.
Please do Tomiko, its imperative that we have reminders in life that we are important. understanding that guarding our thoughts and speech can either propel or hinder us.
Speaking positive words over yourself is a great way to build you confidence and start changing the negative way you see yourself. It’s a great way to start loving and appreciating yourself.
It really is, especially in times of transition.
Love this post ! Thanks for sharing !
What an amazing post – and such a wonderful thing to read this morning! It’s so easy to get overwhelmed with everything at this time of the year, and this is a wonderful, very helpful post to help ease things through. Thank you for posting! xox