Change your Habits to Gain Confidence
Lets talk about the importance of self confidence. In the current time of all things social media, many people are thinking that others have it all figured out and that they- themselves don’t. As I said in a previous post don’t believe the hype.
What happens when you feel that insecure urge to compare yourself to another person? what do you do to fix it? how do you get out of the cycle?
My simple answer; is if you want to minimize self-hate or insecurities, you must start feeding yourself “life and not death” through your words and thoughts. Below are a few tips that helped me to get out of that self-destructive cycle. I believe when I stay in my own lane, I allow myself to be authentically creative. Which by default creates my own identity that I’m secure in because its true to me.
Tips to Gain Confidence from Habits
- Take time for yourself. Get to know who you are and what you like. That may involve unplugging from the excessive online check ins. Stay away from certain sites, pages, people that are triggers for you.
- Pray. Knowing that I am part of something bigger then myself helped to solidify who I am. Knowing that God is aware of everything before it happens, gives me a sense of peace when all I want to do is have anxiety and run.
- Be around positive people. Don’t look for them to constantly bring you up emotionally. That is not their responsibility; however good friends see where you need work and helps you to over come. These friends are those who see you leaking and will help you patch it up and heal. Not to many people have those type of friends, so if you find them-cherish them.
- Write, read and say out loud what you believe and know is the truth you mentally want.
- Stop repeating your old narrative. If you follow me on Instagram, you know already I’m a big advocate about renewing your mind daily.
- Be patient with yourself. You have a life time to learn and love yourself.
- Once you feel strong enough. Start facing your triggers and react to them differently. Control your thoughts and emotions in the situation. Your striving to no longer let these things have a hold on you.
- Try new things. I find that getting out of my comfort zone assisted me in getting a boost of confidence.
You have the right to feel confident and secure in yourself, no matter what your circumstances are. Remember how vital it is to get up every and to choose a state of mind that will help you through out the day.
It’s time to make your insides reflect the beauty you have on the outside.
Until next time guys, I’ll continue on my journey of #ActivelyLIVING while #LivingACTIVELY.